We are proud to offer our Mighty Mite tackle football program for 3rd-4th grade!
ABOUT mighty mite
After completing the K- 2nd grade Flag program, the players skills are advanced onto the Mighty Mite tackle program. This beginner program teaches the safest form of tackling, basic fundamentals, expands their skills and play book, and increase the player's athleticism through warm-up and conditioning tailored for the needs of football.
2017 Mighty Mite Staff
- Head Coach - Jon Moody
- Coordinator - Ashlie Mills
- Asst. Coach - Kevin Bolduc
- Asst. Coach - Alden Pelletier
- Asst. Coach - Kevin Mills
- Asst. Coach - Michael Carbonneau
- Asst. Coach -Scott DeFelice
- Asst. Coach- Josh Woodward
Equipment Needs & requirements
All Equipment & Uniform is provided by WOYFCA except for the following:
- Mouth Guard
- Jock & Cup
- Black Socks
All athletes are REQUIRED to provide the following on the 1st day of practice:
- A Current, non-expired, Sports Physical NOTE* signed by the athlete's physician stating that they are cleared to play sports with no restrictions. Any medical restrictions/precautions information that may put the athlete at risk at any time during the season must be noted and presented to the team coordinator prior to the first practice. *Please help us keep your athlete's medical history private. Having your doctor at the end of your athlete's physical write a note clearing them to play sports is suffice to participate in our programs, as long as they include a current date and the physicians signature. Full physical forms are not necessary. Physical notes will expire a year from the date on the note.
- A "COPY" (no originals, please) of the athlete's BIRTH CERTIFICATE is required by WOYFCA & SMYFL in order to be eligible to play. *After birth certificate copies are collected from the Team Coordinator, they are collected by the President of the Board to be placed in the WOYFCA security deposit box for safe keeping.
NOTE: If athlete has previously competed in WOYFCA programs, please contact the team coordinator to check if we have a copy of their birth certificate already on file in our safe. Contact information is located under the "About Us" tab on our website.
**ALL DATEs/Times subject to change**
2017 Start Date
Date: Tuesday, AUGUST 8th @ 6:00p - MANDATORY Player/Parent Mtg. & Equip. Handout at Franco Field Shed (Behind Little League Fields, please use front parking lot only)
Tues. Aug. 15th: 5:30-7:30p @ WJHS Field- 1st PRACTICE- BIRTH CERTIFICATES & SPORTS PHYSICAL NOTES DUE.
AuGust Practice Schedule
- 3- Days per Week: T,W,TH 5:30-7:30PM @ Franco Field (behind Wells-Ogunquit Little League)
- Tuesday August 15th- Thursday August 31st
2017 PRACTICE SCHEDULE 2017 GAME SCHEDULE
Beginning Tuesday September 5th
2 Days Per Week:
T, TH - 5:30p-7:30p
All practices are 2 hrs. @ WJHS Field
Practice times are subject to change.
Sun. 8/27/17 Jamboree@Massabesic. Weigh-in @8:15 a Games @ 9:15/10:45
Sun. 9/10/17- Wells @ Gorham- 9a
Sun. 9/17/17- Sanford @ Wells- 9a (PICTURE DAY)
Sun. 9/24/17- Wells @Kennebunk- 9a
Sun. 10/1/17- Westbrook @ Wells- 4p
Sat&Sun.10/7&10/8- BYE WEEK
Sat. 10/14/17- Wells @ York- 9a
Sat. 10/28/17- Wells @ Noble - 11am
All Home games are at WHS Football Field
All games are approximately 2 hrs.