We are proud to offer our Mighty Mite Cheer program for 3rd-4th grade!
ABOUT mighty mite Cheer
The Mite Cheer program is our introduction to sideline and performance cheerleading. This program teaches proper warm-up and conditioning tailored for the sport of cheerleading, motion and jump technique, sideline chants/cheers, dance choreography, beginner stunt drills, stunt progression and spotting. The Mite Cheer team practices 1X per week, and attends a few HOME game of the Mighty Mite football team.The Mite Cheer team also performs in the annual Community Cheer performance held during a WHS football game halftime. This year the Mighty Mite Cheer Program will also be preforming and hosting a Warrior Cheer Showcase.
- Head Coach - Danielle DeFelice
- Coordinator -
- Asst. Coach-
Uniform NEEDS & REQUIREMENTS
All Uniform items are provided by WOYFCA except for the following:
- Athletic Sneakers (white).
- Athletic Ankle socks (white).
- Soffe Shorts (Black)
All cheerleaders are REQUIRED to provide the following on the 1st day of practice:
- A Current, non-expired, Sports Physical NOTE* signed by the athlete's physician stating that they are cleared to play sports with no restrictions. Any medical restrictions/precautions information that may put the athlete at risk at any time during the season must be noted and presented to the team coordinator prior to the first practice. *Please help us keep your athlete's medical history private. Having your doctor at the end of your athlete's physical write a note clearing them to play sports is suffice to participate in our programs, as long as they include a current date and the physician's signature. Full physical forms are not necessary. Physical notes will expire a year from the date on the note.
NOTE: If a Sports Physical Note is not presented at the 1st practice, the athlete will be required to sit out of all physical activity during all practices until it is handed in.
**ALL SCHEDULES SUBJECT TO CHANGE**
2017 START DATE
- Wednesday, August 16th @ 6:00p MANDATORY Player/Parent Mtg. & Equip. Handout
Wednesday September 6th: 1st Practice - SPORTS PHYSICAL NOTES DUE.
2017 PRACTICE SCHEDULE 2017 GAME SCHEDULE
- 1-day of practice per week.
- Wednesdays 5:30-7p @ WJHS Multi-purpose room.
- Games attending are:
- 9/17/17: Sunday 9am Sanford @ Wells (PICTURE DAY)
- Others TBD
All games are approximately 2 hrs.
High School Halftime Show - TBD
(Sideline Cheer and halftime performance at (at least 1) Home Game in addition to performing in Annual High School Halftime show with cheerleaders from k-12th grade!)