We are proud to offer our Jr. High tackle football program for 7th-8th grade!
ABOUT Jr high
After completing the Pee Wee program, the players skills are advanced onto the more competitive Jr. High tackle program. This program continues to: teach the safest form of tackling, expand their skills and play book, and increase the player's athleticism through warm-up and conditioning tailored for the needs of football. With a winning record at the end of the season, this team has an opportunity to compete in the division playoffs and championship.
2017 JR High Staff
- Head Coach - Kevin Fox
- Coordinator - Heidi Fazzina
- Asst. Coach - Donnie Whitten
- Asst. Coach - Shawn Hansen
- Asst. Coach - Lancer McMinis
- Asst. Coach - George Holdsworth
- Asst. Coach - David Fazzina
- Asst. Coach - Chris Marshall
- Asst. Coach - Nate Libbey
- Asst. Coach - Jake Moody
EQUIPMENT NEEDS & Requirements
All Equipment & Uniform is provided by WOYFCA except for the following:
- Mouth Guard
- Jock & Cup
- Black Socks
All athletes are REQUIRED to provide the following on the 1st day of practice:
- A Current, non-expired, Sports Physical NOTE* signed by the athlete's physician stating that they are cleared to play sports with no restrictions. Any medical restrictions/precautions information that may put the athlete at risk at any time during the season must be noted and presented to the team coordinator prior to the first practice. *Please help us keep your athlete's medical history private. Having your doctor at the end of your athlete's physical write a note clearing them to play sports is suffice to participate in our programs, as long as they include a current date and the physician's signature. Full physical forms are not necessary. Physical notes will expire a year from the date on the note.
- A "COPY" (no originals, please) of the athlete's BIRTH CERTIFICATE is required by WOYFCA & SMYFL in order to be eligible to play. *After birth certificate copies are collected from the team coordinator, they are collected by the President of the Board to be placed in the WOYFCA security deposit box for safe keeping.
NOTE: If athlete has previously competed in WOYFCA programs, please contact the team coordinator to check if we have a copy of their birth certificate already on file in our safe. Contact information is located under the "About Us" tab on our website.
**ALL SCHEDULES SUBJECT TO CHANGE**
2017 START DATE
Sun. Aug .6th / 4:00pm MANDATORY Player/Parent Mtg. & Equip. Handout
Mon. Aug. 7th / 5:30PM @ WJHS Field - 1st PRACTICE (HELMETS ONLY) - BIRTH CERTIFICATES & SPORTS PHYSICAL NOTES DUE.
Preseason PRACTICE SCHEDULE (AUGUST 7th-31st)
4-Days per week: M, T, W, TH 5:30-7:00p @ WJHS Field.
8/7-8/10 (Helmets Only)
8/14-8/31 (Full Pads)
2017 PRACTICE SCHEDULE 2017 GAME SCHEDULE
- Beginning Tuesday September 5th.
- Mon. 6-7p @ WHS (condition & film)
- Tues. 5:30-7:30p Practice (full pads)
- Wed. 5:30-7:30p Practice (full pads)
- Thur. 5:30-7:30p Practice (full pads)
- Practice schedules are subject to change at any time.
Sat. 8/26/17 Scrimmage. Marshwood @ Wells - time TDB.
Sat. 9/2/17- Kennebunk @ Wells- 6p
Sun. 9/10/17- Wells @ Marshwood- 1p
Sun. 9/17/17- Greely @ Wells- 5p (PICTURE DAY)
Sat. 9/23/17- Wells @ Falmouth- 4:30p
Sat&Sun. 9/30&10/1- BYE WEEK
Sat. 10/7/17- York @ Wells- 6p
Sat. 10/14/17- Wells @ Noble- 6p
Sat. 10/21/17- Wells @ Biddeford- 12p
Sat. 10/28/17- Gorham @ Wells- 6p
Sat/Sun. Nov 4th-5th PLAYOFFS
Sat/Sun. Nov 11/12th- CHAMPIONSHIP
All games are approximately 2 hrs.