We are proud to offer our Jr. High Cheer program for 7th-8th grade!
ABOUT Jr high Cheer
After completing Pee Wee Cheer, athletes advance onto the Jr. High Cheer program. This program continues to teach proper warm-up and conditioning tailored for the sport of cheerleading, motion and jump technique, sideline chants/cheers, dance choreography, stunt drills, stunt progression and spotting. The Jr. High Cheer team attends all home and away games of the Jr. High football team. This year the Jr. High Program will also be preforming and hosting a Warrior Cheer Showcase.
2018 JR. High Cheer Staff
- Head Coach - Bridgette Boston (207) 408-2552
- Coordinator - Lindsay Morton
- Asst. Coach- OPEN FOR 2018
UNIFORM NEEDS & REQUIREMENTS
All Uniform items are provided by WOYFCA except for the following:
- Athletic Sneakers (white).
- Athletic Ankle socks (white).
- Soffe Shorts (Black)
All cheerleaders are REQUIRED to provide the following on the 1st day of practice:
- A Current, non-expired, Sports Physical NOTE* signed by the athlete's physician stating that they are cleared to play sports with no restrictions. Any medical restrictions/precautions information that may put the athlete at risk at any time during the season must be noted and presented to the team coordinator prior to the first practice. *Please help us keep your athlete's medical history private. Having your doctor at the end of your athlete's physical write a note clearing them to play sports is suffice to participate in our programs, as long as they include a current date and the physician's signature. Full physical forms are not necessary. Physical notes will expire a year from the date on the note.
NOTE: If a Sports Physical Note is not presented at the 1st practice, the athlete will be required to sit out of all physical activity during all practices until it is handed in.
**ALL SCHEDULES SUBJECT TO CHANGE**
2017 START DATE
Tuesday August 15th- 6p @ Franco Field (Behind Wells-Ogunquit Little League): MANDATORY Player/Parent Mtg. & Equip. Handout
Monday August 28th @ 530p: 1st Practice - SPORTS PHYSICAL NOTES DUE.
2017 PRACTICE SCHEDULE 2017 GAME SCHEDULE
- 2/3-Days per Week
- Days/Times: Every Monday and Tuesday and the following Thursdays: 8/31, 9/14, and 10/19.
- All Practices are 5:30-7:30p
- All practices are 2 hrs. and held @ Field Behind Jr. High until the start of school, then they are held in the WJHS Multi-purpose room.
- Sat. 9/2/17- Kennebunk @ Wells- 6p
Sun. 9/10/17- Wells @ Marshwood -1p
Sun. 9/17/17- Greely @ Wells- 5p (PICTURE DAY)
Sat. 9/23/17- Wells @ Falmouth- 4:30p
Sat&Sun. 9/30&10/1- BYE WEEK
Sat. 10/7/17- York @ Wells- 6p
Sat. 10/14/17- Wells @ Noble- 6p
Sat. 10/21/17- Wells @ Biddeford- 12p
Sat. 10/28/17- Gorham @ Wells- 6p
Sat/Sun. Nov 4th-5th PLAYOFFS
Sat/Sun. Nov 11th-12th- CHAMPIONSHIP
All games are approximately 2 hrs.
Jr. High Cheerleaders attend all Jr. High home & away football games.